“We put on the brakes by playing the safety game. We fly by playing the curious on the adventure-of-life game.”
– Jennifer Hough
Have you ever done/thought/said something you knew was suboptimal, but you did it anyhow? In my experience, that’s a sign you might still be in protection or safety mode. Not that I have any experience with that. Lol!
The breaks go on when we are in survival mode like that. I have found that there is a way to prevent that kind of resistance in the first place!
This concept is particularly evident for me this week, having just come off an amazing weekend with our Thriving Operating System participants. I am always in awe of the vulnerability and courage of our clients and community (like you).
Heck, I’m in awe of my courage, but I truly feel that assisting others necessitates that I am constantly transcending safety mechanisms in order to reach for more fluid and freeing truths.
Comfort is so overrated when we can fly! Brakes, shmakes, that’s what I have to say!
See if you recognize yourself here… (and, by the way, I humbly share this, knowing full well that I’ve been there, done that, bought the t-shirt, and still wear it sometimes!)
Here’s how we put the breaks on:
- Thinking we should be able to do this alone: Why would we… it’s so much slower? Others hold keys, and questions we wouldn’t even think to ask.
- Thinking that Awakening is an event, versus a way of life: This is an amazing belief system if you want to step AWAY FROM your natural flow as a Creator. Everything in life is constantly expanding… you and I included. Be comfortable with being uncomfortable.
- Giving your power away to others: As though we are less than. Creation doesn’t make mistakes… you cannot be less than. You are an equal piece of the puzzle to anyone, any system.
So how the heck can we take our feet off the brakes when we’ve had so much practice protecting ourselves, and being independent? So glad you asked….
Here are some suggestions:
- Get really tired/bored of doing it alone, and trying to prove yourself: Start including the genius and input of others, WITHOUT giving your power away.
- Own that your life is about enjoying the ride: You are a creator; if you are not creating, expanding, learning or making life more fulfilling, you are moving contrary to your natural state. If we are born creators, then by definition we can never be done… so stop trying to get somewhere. The goals are only an excuse to go on the ride; they aren’t a way to prove yourself, they are a way to experience the joy of your Super Powers.
- Know that everything is magnetic: So, if you find a teacher whom you perceive is made just for you, it’s because they were and that you are a genius at the same level. You are complementary geniuses! Sometimes your genius could use a little love and assistance, or validation to fly and be free. You are not any less than those who help you. The universe thought that each and every one of us was a good idea, whether we are an inspiration or a catalyst; you will be both at different points in your life. Just be grateful that the people who can assist you to remember yourself; they got the cosmic phone call.
It’s a start. There are so many more things to share. But today, consider and roll around in these points and see what resonates with you.
I am here with you in the spirit of “equal genius,” and my piece of the puzzle sees and acknowledges your piece of the puzzle.
Perfectly imperfect… and grateful for this journey together!